Office of Instruction and Personnel
Questions and Answers
We have tried to anticipate some of your most frequently asked questions on this page. Please don't hesitate to contact us (see menu at left) with other questions.
- How can I find out about the academic achievement of students in the Carle Place School District?
2015-2016 (update coming soon)
- How many students are enrolled in Carle Place Schools?
Our current enrollment is approximately 1,450 students in grades K-12. Our students attend classes in one of three buildings. Cherry Lane Elementary houses grades K-2. Rushmore Intermediate School serves grades 3-6 and the combined Middle School/High School serves grades 7-12.
- Where can I find information about each of the schools?
One of the best sources of information about our individual schools is right here on our website. Each school has its own section on the site with frequently updated material and contact information.
- How do I apply for a teaching position in Carle Place Schools?
When openings become available, we advertise in local media outlets and post the positions on this website. Resumes and appropriate credentials are accepted through our online application system (OLAS),only. You may reach OLAS at http://www.olasjobs.org/nassau/ .
- How do I get to the Carle Place School District?
Carle Place is a tiny hamlet located in the Town of North Hempstead, Nassau County, New York. Click here for a GoogleMaps of Carle Place.
- Where is the Office of Instruction and Personnel located?
The Office of Instruction and Personnel is located in Carle Place Middle School/High School. We are on the first floor in room number 101.
- What New York State tests are administered in Carle Place? When do the students take these tests?
High school students and accelerated middle school students sit for Regents examinations in January, June and August, depending upon their individual class schedules. In grades 3 through 8, students sit for a series of New York State assessments. These dates are reflected on our district calendar. Additional assessments such as NWEA, DIBELS, the Early Literacy Profile, the Intermediate Literacy Profile, and the Developmental Reading Assessment are district assessments given at various times in a classroom setting.