District Director of Guidance
High School Counselors:
Kelly Dass (A-F) 516 622-6463
Gail E. Molloy (G-O) 516 622-6479
Christopher Vella (P-Z) 516 622-6474
Middle School Counselor:
Robert Santoro (516) 622-6411
Elementary School Counselor:
Aliza Cohn (516) 622-6520
Carle Place School District
School Counseling Department
American School Counseling Association National Model
The mission of the Carle Place School District School Counseling Program is to assist all students in their quest to become productive citizens and responsible, lifelong learners through their academic development, personal and social growth and career exploration. In collaboration with faculty, staff, district and building leadership, our School Counseling Team will help provide an atmosphere of security, warmth, and encouragement as Carle Place students work to reach their fullest educational potential in the areas of academic, career, and personal development.
To achieve this mission, the Carle Place School Counseling Department seeks to:
- Ensure school success for all students as the outcomes of all counseling efforts;
- Provide timely and effective communication with students, parents and teachers on all matters pertaining to its responsibility;
- Continuously educate constituents as to the expectations of the Carle Place experience including graduation requirements, assessment standards and various opportunities created by valuable and thorough academic programming;
- Provide and support career and college education awareness and planning at all level;.
- Coordinate counseling, consulting and related services efforts of all support components within the school district.